Home≻≻SPORTS INJURY REHABILITATION
Conferring to Ayurveda, diseases happen in the body due to two factors; one is nija (inside the body), another one is aganthu (outside the body). Sports injury mostly occur due to sudden influence or due to continuous wear and tear. When an injury arises due to sudden impact, body responds immediately to that condition leading to immobility and other inflammatory responses. This is because of the protective mechanism of body due to extreme strenuous body activities, which causes ligaments and tendons to get injured. Excess of toxin would accumulate in individual organ systems.
In Vaidya Ayurveda Hospital, we have special Panchakarma techniques which will refresh mind and body thereby improving the logical capacity with accuracy and power to resist stress.
We are specialized in these areas:
- Knee Injuries and also recovery (ACL tear, knee pain, quadriceps tendon inflammation, articular cartilage injuries, medial menisci injury, patellar pain, ligament injuries, and recurrent dislocations).
- Injury to shoulder which also includes dislocations, rotator cuff injury, clavicle fracture, shoulder pain, inflammation of biceps.
- Back Injuries (muscle strain, sciatica, lower back pain, scoliosis, slip disc)
- Hip & thigh Injuries (groin strain, hip bursitis, quadriceps injuries and hamstring)
- Foot and ankle Injuries (heel pain, plantar fasciitis, metatarsal fractures, broken ankle, Achilles pain, and sprained ankle)
- Injuries to neck (neck stiffness, neck stiffness, and restricted movements)
- Shin and calf Injuries (muscular cramps and calf pain)
- Elbow and arm (golfers elbow and tennis elbow)
- Wrist and thumb Injuries (metacarpal fractures and carpel tunnel syndrome)
- Head injuries
- Muscular rejuvenation
- Rational and mind boosters
- In most of the cases soft tissue injuries consisting tendon and cartilage injuries of first degree, second degree , third degree and even partial tears, it is proved that Ayurvedic treatment give better results when compared to other systems without surgery.
Ayurvedic Management helps in
Alleviating the pain
Strengthens the joints
Ayurvedic Treatment in Vaidya Ayurveda Hospital includes:
1. Internal medicines
2. Some external therapies
Specific formulations are available with us mainly Sushrutha and ashtanga hridaya which are very effective in handling soft tissues injuries, their clinical efficacy can be seen within a week of treatment.
External types of treatments include upanaha, lepanas, and massages with or without essential oils, njavara kizhi, elakizhi and many more. Bandage or Bandhana is one of the main procedures while handling sports injuries. Bandages come with different types and we practice nearly all types of bandages mentioned in classics and it allows the joint immobility and stability which must be given prime importance when considering sports medicine.
These main procedures from classics increases joint function and mobility along with pain management in minimum time.
These include mainly agnikarma and sporadically rakthamoksha (panchakarma) and are very effective in almost all joint involved cases.
Physiotherapy along with some ayurvedic management increases the success rate in almost all cases.
Through our experience and clinical statistics, it is clear that management of sports medicine in many cases involving musculoskeletal system, ayurvedic management is highly effective when compared to other systems that are without surgery.