Home≻≻AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ARTHRITIS
An Ayurvedic groundwork has passed a test as an substitute to high-end drugs for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. Many successful trials have proved it.
The drugs which are used for knee osteoarthritis are celecoxib and glucosamine sulphate. It is seen that, patients condition may deteriorate to end-stage arthritis and may require joint replacement surgery, which is expensive. Osteoarthritis is also mainly treated with analgesics, which provide characteristic, long-term pain relief but also lead to serious toxicity.
Ayurveda and Osteo-Arthritis
What is a healthy joint?
1. Bones in good condition, with satisfactory calcium and protein.
2. Intact bony cartilage.
3. Sufficient quantity of synovial fluid.
4. The space between cartilage of two bones should be adequate.
5. Healthy Joint capsule and surrounding structures.
Ayurveda deliberates 'Vata Dosha' as accountable for all movements, impulses and pressure forces:
Prana Vata which signifies general energy of body.
Vyana Vata signifies circulation of waste metabolites and nutrients.
Apana Vata outlooks for cleansing process in the body.
Kapha Dosha conveys the functional strength and structural integrity to joints.
1. Avalambaka Kapha provides general supportive energy to whole body, including spine, joints, and other weight bearing structures.
2. Shleshaka Kapha is linked with functional and structural integrity of joint structures.
3. Tarpaka Kapha indicates health of nervous tissue and bone marrow.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Arthritis
Ayurveda considers osteoarthritis as a Vata disorder. Nowadays it can occur in any age. The cause would be
1. Poor Nutrition
2. Joint injuries
3. Sedentary Lifestyle
4. Lack of exercises
8. Vata increasing herbs, diet, and lifestyle
Joint stiffness, especially in the morning and evening
Pain in joints
Tenderness while pressing joints
Crating or sounds in joints
Swelling of Joints
Restriction of movement in joints
Disturbance in daily activities
Treatment for Osteoarthritis:
We at Vaidya Ayurveda Hospital, makes use of restorative herbs, rejuvenative herbs, Anti Vata herbs for anti-inflammatory, and natural pain relief. Antidegenerative herbs to relieve symptoms, progression of disease, to improve flexibility, joint structure, and movement.
Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy techniques like Patrapottali and Churnapottali, simple massage are very helpful in relieving problems like stiffness and pain and improving flexibility.
Diet, Exercise and Lifestyle:
Physiotherapy and Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapy are good choice. Guided exercises and Yoga Postures do offer a great relief. We do teach all people Flexibility Enhancement Exercises from Yoga and Tai Chi.