Home≻≻AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR PSORIASIS
What is Psoriasis
It is a type of inflammatory skin disorder. Plaque psoriasis is a common type. It is reported that 85% of people who have psoriasis are mainly plaque, which seems as patches of reddish skin, raised, surrounded by silvery-white scale. These plaques normally form on the knees, elbows, scalp and lower back. The plaques can occur on any region of the body. The other types are pustular (white pustules enclosed by red skin), guttate (red, small spots on the skin), erythrodermic (severe itching, widespread redness, and pain) and inverse (smooth and red lesions form in skin folds).
1. Irrespective of type, grounds to discomfort.
2. The skin will be itchy, cracking and sometimes it bleeds.
3. The discomfort and itching might keep a person awake at night in severe cases. The pain can cause difficulty to perform everyday tasks.
What is Psoriatic Arthritis?
It is a form of arthritis that affects the one who has psoriasis and joint pain.The signs and symptoms of psoriatic arthritis are:
- The red and inflamed skin.
- Joints pain and swelling which is worse in the morning.
- Joint stiffness and stiffness reduces with activity.
- In severe cases, sausage-like appearance in the affected area of fingers and toes.
- Nails may be pulled away easily from the nail beds.
- Nail ridges or may be yellowish-orange discoloration.
Treatment in Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, This disease can be deliberated as the vitiation of Kapha and Vata and Pitha. Buildup of low potency poisons which are called as Dooshi vishas would be the basic pathological changes that happens in the system. Irregular food habits, excessive intake of black gram, yogurt, sour and salted foods, seafood, can trigger the pathogenesis. Consumption of alcohol and tobacco acts as a catalyst. Ayurveda do highlight on the effect of stress in disease
Vaidya Health Care Hospital Is a best choice in ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis in kerala . Considering the treatment in Ayurveda, it aims at the body detoxification or toxins elimination from the body fluids. It is attained by "Panchakarma" treatments.
The treatment at Vaidya Ayurveda Hospital includes:
1. Medicated ghee consumption for Dosha type and the person for 5-7 days.
2. Detoxifying, by prompting vomiting (vamana) and purification (Virechana). Once this is done, medicated buttermilk would be dripped over forehead which is called Dhara and the entire body would be pasted by mud and with paste of medicines.
3. Basthies or the medicated enemas are being given for 8 days.
4. Internal medicines like medicated ghee and herbal concoctions have to be taken for at least 90 days.
Psoriasis can be cured if the patient follows the protocol as per our Ayurveda doctor for treatment and also in changing the lifestyle. During the entire treatment period, strict diet regime should be followed. Black gram, yogurt, chilies and salted food have to be restricted. Refrigerated/chilled foods should be avoided. Individuals must keep a state of mental calmness.
Vaidya Health Care Hospital is a best place for skin disease treatment in ayurveda. Ayurveda treatments effective for skin diseases and the best advantage is that it had no side effects.